2019 NCVRW Theme Video
OVC encourages organizations to use the introductory theme video throughout the year at public awareness, education, and training events in local communities to promote and advance the cause of justice for victims of crime.
Tips for Using the Theme Video & Clip
- Use the full theme video to open a news conference on victims’ rights.
- Incorporate the video into activities you are already planning for NCVRW.
- Use the videos as a powerful way to begin a candlelight vigil, panel discussion, or reception at your facility.
- Create your own public awareness event around a special screening of the video.
- Encourage allied professionals to show the video at staff meetings and board retreats.
- Encourage faith-based organizations to use the video in their social justice outreach work.
- Share the video with local media as a catalyst to encourage coverage of events during NCVRW.
- Let your broadcasting friends know they are welcome to use the clip from the longer video in their features.
- Embed the theme video in your organization’s website.
- Edit the theme video to include personal accounts from local victims and survivors and offer the customized video to local advocates or educators for presentations.
Tips for Holding Your Own Screening
- Choose a location where your audience will be comfortable watching the video. It should be quiet and dark with seating, if possible.
- You will need a computer, good speakers, and a large monitor or screen to properly show the video at an event. If you do not have your own equipment, you can rent these items from a professional audiovisual company. You can also choose a location with an in-house system. Many hotels, schools, libraries, and conference facilities provide this service.