- Capacity-Building Overview
- Tribal Communities
- Terrorism and Mass Violence
- Combating Human Trafficking
- Support for Law Enforcement
- Elder Abuse and Financial Exploitation
- Victims of the Addiction Crisis
- Training and Technical Assistance
State Formula Grants
OVC administers two formula grant programs that support crime victim compensation and assistance, described above—the VOCA Victim Compensation Formula Grant Program and the VOCA Victim Assistance Formula Grant Program. Every year, OVC awards each eligible state and territory a VOCA victim compensation formula grant to supplement state funds that reimburse victims for out-of-pocket expenses resulting from crime, such as medical and dental care, funeral and burial assistance, counseling, and lost wages and support.
OVC also awards each eligible state and territory a VOCA victim assistance formula grant to support services—such as intervention and counseling, referrals, assistance for primary and secondary victims, help for victims participating in the criminal justice system, and assistance with safety planning—for victims of crime.