Native people, are vulnerable to traffickers, but by raising awareness of human trafficking empowers stakeholders and community members to gain knowledge to be a part of the solution. Workshop participants will be educated and empowered to make a difference in their communities and in the lives of those affected by exploitation.
- Overview of human trafficking in Indian Country (sex and labor)
- Unpacking intersectionality’s such as the link to MMIP
- Helping Native trafficking victims/survivors move beyond crisis
- Strategies for collaboration for responding to trafficking
- Tribal nuances and challenges
- Recommendations and successes
- What’s next? Update on current Washington tribal anti-trafficking work