A recorded webinar that discusses best practices and strategies for victim identification in labor trafficking cases.
Target Audience: Law Enforcement Personnel
- Describe the relationship between labor trafficking and related criminal and civil violations such as workplace violations, labor exploitation, fraud in foreign labor recruitment, as well as the intersection with sexual and domestic violence.
- Identify creative strategies and partnerships for conducting outreach to vulnerable populations that may be isolated or in low-visibility areas.
- Consider tactics to proactively identify labor trafficking victims to initiate labor trafficking investigations.
- Understand the importance of multidisciplinary collaboration to ensure an efficient and victim-centered response to labor trafficking investigations and prosecutions.
- Identify tips and tools to help build these strategic partnerships.
Includes: A webinar featuring panelists Esther Del Toro Oliver, Regional Coordinator Workplace Crimes, Wage and Hour Division, U.S. Department of Labor, Colleen Owens, Senior Research Associate, Urban Institute and John Jay College of Criminal Justice, and Meredith Rapkin, Executive Director, Friends of Farmworkers.