This recorded webinar is designed to provide an overview of immigration relief tools and considerations for ensuring language access in labor trafficking investigations.
Target Audience: Police, prosecutors, and allied professionals
Overall Objectives: Learn to—
- articulate the differences between T visas, U visas, and Continued Presence;
- utilize immigration relief tools to improve victim participation in the criminal justice system;
- enhance victim safety by certifying that an individual is a victim of qualifying offenses; strategize how to address the victims’ immigration status during trial;
- implement the proper steps to comply with legal requirements regarding language access;
- effectively use interpreters to engage with victims and ensure statements made by defendants are admissible; and
- provide culturally appropriate language access to non-English speaking victims.
Includes: A webinar featuring subject matter experts discussing strategies to help police and prosecutors to proactively identify victims of labor trafficking and effectively investigate and prosecute traffickers using a victim-centered and trauma-informed approach.