The theme for National Crime Victims' Rights Week (NCVRW) 2023 is Survivor Voices: Elevate, Engage, Effect Change. To honor this important topic, the Vermont Center for Crime Victim Services with the United States Attorney's Office, for the District of Vermont will be holding an in-person advocacy workshop.
This workshop will be led by Victim's Rights Expert, Author and Survivor Jennifer Storm, and will focus on the following questions:
- What does it mean to elevate victims voices and be victim-centered?
- Who, when and how should we be engaging with survivors and how do we offer choices?
- To what end do we want victims to share their stories?
- How do our own biases and beliefs impact our work with survivors and other victim service providers?
- What are unique ways to engage survivors?
- How to identify strategies that enhance self-reflection and professional inventory of goals.
This workshop is well-suited for professionals who advocate for and serve victims and survivors of crime. It is intended to facilitate how to best empower victim/survivor voices, create understanding, and ultimately help transform and enhance victim services in Vermont.