December 13, 2022
The Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) State Victim Resource Division (SVRD) is excited to share with you the release of the VOCA Victim Compensation Certification (VCC) form and instructions to prepare for the FY 23 VOCA Formula Awards. The data provided in this certification form is used by OVC to calculate allocations for VOCA-eligible crime victim compensation programs.
The fillable-pdf VCC form and corresponding directions are attached to this email (in one document). We included all VOCA Victim Compensation and Assistance administrators on this email for your awareness, and we recognize the release of the VCC form most directly impacts Victim Compensation administrators.
For your ease and reference if have summarized the for your ease of reference, below you will find—
- background on the VCC form and instructions,
- the due date for the new VCC form completion and submission – Thursday, January 12, 2023,
- information about an upcoming webinar on how to complete the VCC form and instructions – Wednesday, December 13 at 2:00 p.m. eastern time; you can register here, and
- written instructions on completing the VCC form.
As always, if you have any questions, please contact your Grant Management Specialist and/or me.
Kathrina S. Peterson
Office for Victims of Crime
Relevant Details re the VCC Form:
- Unique Entity Identifier (UEI#): This number has been added to the VCC Form this year. The purpose of adding this is to help OJP track these forms in the JustGrants system when your Grant Management Specialists upload them into the system. The number aids in pulling reports and compiling data by tracking the specific form to the grantee. You can find your UEI# in JustGrants in your award front page.
- VCC Form Submission Due Date: All grantees must submit the VCC form directly to their grant manager by Thursday, January 12, 2023. Written instructions on how to submit the VCC form are below.
- Training Opportunity: On Tuesday, December 13, 2022, at 2:00 p.m. eastern time, SVRD will facilitate a discussion with VOCA Victim Compensation State Administrators - and anyone who is involved in completing the VCC form - during an instructional webinar on the VCC Form and instructions. OVC will provide an overview of the VCC form and instructions, offer tips for completing the form, and take questions. All are welcome and we encourage anyone with a roll in completing the form to attend. You can register for this webinar here.
- JustGrants Submission Status: Currently, JustGrants still cannot support completion of the VCC form in the JustGrants system for this year. We continue to work with the JustGrants development team, but for now we will need to complete the VCC forms externally from JustGrants and submit them to your SVRD Grant Management Specialists as we have for the past 2 years.
Instructions for Submitting VCC Forms:
- Submit to OVC SVRD Grant Management Specialists – VOCA Compensation grantees must submit the VCC forms (via email) to their assigned Grant Management Specialist. The Grant Management Specialist will upload the state-completed form into JustGrants on your agency’s behalf. VOCA Compensation grantees should not submit a Grant Award Modification (GAM) in JustGrants in an effort to submit the VCC form.
- Reporting Period – The reporting period is October 1, 2020 thru September 30, 2021.
- Electronic Signature – Please sign the form electronically at the bottom of the PDF in the signature box.
- File Names – Please use the following naming convention when submitting the VCC form to your Grant Management Specialist to ensure consistency in the files for uploading: <State Initials>, VCC, <Award Year>, (Ex. OH VCC FY 22). The date of 2022 reflects the award year the VCC form should have been collected to attach it to our records. OVC is still working to catch up due to the revision delay from last year.
- Due Date – The due date for VCC form submission to your OVC grant manager is Thursday, January 12, 2023.
- Do not submit via a GAM in JustGrants.
Attachment: VOCA Victim Compensation Certification Form and Instructions