Putting the Pieces Together: OVC Grantee Orientation Webinar
The recorded OVC Grantee Orientation Webinar equips OVC grantees with the knowledge and resources necessary to successfully manage grant awards.
OVC discretionary and formula grantees are strongly encouraged to view this recording to learn about OVC and the OVC Training and Technical Assistance Center, special conditions, grant management, and program monitoring.
The webinar will help grantees—
- Gain a greater understanding of OVC’s mission.
- Identify your key grant documents.
- Understand the terms and conditions of your award, including reporting responsibilities.
- Recognize your obligation to comply with federal requirements.
- Become familiar with available grant and victim service resources.
Visit the OVC Grantee Orientation Webinar Archive to view presentations from the 2017 and 2018 OVC Grantee Orientation Webinars.
Understanding Your Award Special Conditions Webinar
View the recorded OVC Understanding Your Award Special Conditions webinar for discretionary and formula grantees.
This webinar provides grantees with knowledge and resources on the variety of special conditions that must be met to successfully manage their OVC grant award(s).
Programmatic Points of Contact and Financial Points of Contact for all OVC discretionary grantees and Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) Assistance and Compensation formula administrators are encouraged to view the webinar.
OVC Training and Technical Assistance Center (OVC TTAC)
OVC TTAC offers subject matter experts, seasoned victim service professionals, and crime victims/survivors to either conduct a training designed to meet state and/or local provider organization specific needs; deliver hands-on technical assistance in areas such as monitoring subgrantees, or restitution recovery.
All training and technical assistance is designed to help build capacity and improve the quality of services offered to victims of crime in a variety of settings and is provided free of charge.
OVC TTAC has a specialist assigned to each state who can assist with specific requests and/or training concerns. OVC encourages Administrators to contact OVC TTAC to learn more about their services and to identify a consultant to assist with their training needs.
For more information please visit the OVC TTAC website.
Be sure to visit MyVOCA Resources, a dedicated section of the OVC TTAC website for VOCA administrators and other State Administering Agency staff. This site offers direct access to resources created to help you administer crime victim compensation and respond better to the needs of VOCA subgrantees:
- Plain Language Compensation Materials - templates you can customize for your compensation program, with tips and resources to help you apply plain language techniques to your agency's materials.
- Access to all of OVC's trainings for VOCA administrators and staff, including materials for the 10-week National Victim Assistance Academy (NVAA) VOCA Leadership Institute and the 5-week NVAA Strategic Planning Institute for VOCA Administrators and Program Managers.
- Information about how to access the Mentoring Program to share innovative ideas with colleagues about topics like proactive outreach to programs, needs assessment, program surveys, funding capacity-building efforts, and change management.
- Links to your state’s regional training and technical assistance specialist to learn more about customized training or technical assistance for your state.
Strategic Planning Toolkit
The Strategic Planning Toolkit is intended to function as a guide for you to use throughout the strategic planning process. The Toolkit offers guidelines you can follow and tools and resources for you to draw on at every step.
The Toolkit is organized to help you both learn about the planning process and use the process. It is broken into six sections that correspond to the six steps in strategic planning. It can benefit any victim services organization that wants to assess where it wants to go in the future.
Department of Justice Office (DOJ) for Civil Rights (OCR) Online Training
OCR offers training to recipients of Office of Justice Programs (OJP), Office on Violence Against Women, and Office of Community Oriented Policing Services funding to assist them in meeting their federal civil rights obligations. As part of its training efforts, OCR developed this online civil rights training curriculum for recipients.
This training, which consists of six segments and accompanying self-tests, is designed to provide recipients with an overview of applicable nondiscrimination laws and the general civil rights obligations that are tied to grants awarded by DOJ.
OCR offers this online version of its training program to ensure that recipients who are unable to participate in an in-person training session can still receive valuable technical assistance.
VOCA Assistance Administrators Toolkit (Available to State VOCA Administrators)
This technical assistance document was funded under an OVC grant to provide state VOCA assistance administering agencies with relevant information, resources, and practical tools to assist states in administering the VOCA victim assistance program in an appropriate, successful manner.
VOCA Compensation Manager's Toolkit (Available to State VOCA Administrators)
This technical assistance document was funded under an OVC grant to provide compensation programs with relevant information, resources, and practical tools to assist states in administering VOCA victim compensation grants in an appropriate, successful manner.