A Copy of an Email Sent by Kathrina S. Peterson, OVC Deputy Director, on September 2, 2020
Good Evening Everyone,
I hope you are enjoying the conference so far. It is so exciting that we have almost 900 people to learn from – what a unique opportunity. In the midst of the conference activities, we have some important announcements we wanted to share with you. Please see the below list of items, some of which we have discussed during the conference.
If you have any questions, please let us know. We always appreciate hearing from you. We wish you and your families health and safety.
Automated Standard Application for Payments (ASAP)
The ASAP systems replaces the Financial Management System (FMIS2) and is part of the JustGrants transition. Registration should have taken place throughout July and August. You should have received emails to your organization’s System of Award Management Electronic Business Point of Contact (E-Biz POC). If you were not able to complete registration and have any issues with registration, now, please contact your grants management specialist. We realize that there was a lot of confusion about this conversion. We thank Suzanne Breedlove for flagging this issue.
ASAP Training & Resources
The following checklist will guide grantees through the steps they must take to complete their ASAP registration - ASAP Registration Checklist.
ASAP webinar trainings will take place over the next several months. Some dates have already been scheduled on the ASAP website.
Upcoming ASAP training opportunities include:
- ASAP.gov: How to Make and ASAP.gov Payment Request
- ASAP.gov: New User Training
- Thursday, October 22, 2020 | 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. e.t.
We have updated VOCApedia to respond to allowability questions, and the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) requests for clarifications, including:
- building modifications, subrecipient non-service or indirect costs, and contracting costs (July 2019 OIG Report, Recommendation #3) (search for 2020/08/28 postings), and
- supporting requirements for the Crime Victims Fund formula grant administrative costs, to include personnel costs (July 2019 OIG Report, Recommendation #4) (search for 2020/08/26 postings).
- Compensation Loss of Support and Lost Wages: OVC, in coordination with the Office of the Chief Financial Officer and the Office of General Counsel, prepared a document that details characteristics of well-supported payments for States in designing auditable compensation programs, particularly concerning lost wages and loss of support. (July 2019 OIG Report, Recommendation #7)
- Completing Financial Status Reports: OVC has issued an addendum to the Guide to Completing Financial Status Reports for VOCA Victim Compensation Grantees, which addresses previous discrepancies between this guidance and the Victim Certification Compensation form. (July 2019 OIG Report, Recommendation # 8)
Kathrina S. Peterson
State Victim Resource Division
Office for Victims of Crime