This on demand training provides best practices for working with young men and boys of color who are victims of crime.
This training contains four lessons:
- Overview of Working With Young Men and Boys of Color
- Engaging Young Men and Boys of Color
- Assessing Safety Risks
- Client-Centered Safety Planning
By the end of this training, you should be able to:
- Apply a client-centered approach with young men and boys of color who are victims of crime.
- Identify the impact of historical events, racial discrimination, implicit bias, and other socio-ecological factors that impact help-seeking.
- Assess various types of risks, including psychological, physical, and social safety.
- Develop effective safety plans with each victim.