The primary goal of this funding is to support shelter and transitional housing services to victims of domestic violence and their companion animals. Objectives are to:
- Increase the number of shelter beds and transitional housing options to meet the needs of victims of domestic violence who need shelter or housing for them and their companion animals.
- Provide training to local stakeholders on the link between domestic violence and the abuse and neglect of companion animals; the needs of victims of domestic violence; best practices for providing, or referring, support services to such victims; and best practices in designing and delivering services that protect victims’ confidentiality.
OVC anticipates making up to 5 awards of up to $400,000 each for a 36-month period of performance. Apply by Friday, May 29, 2020.
OVC FY 2020 Emergency and Transitional Pet Shelter and Housing Assistance Grant Program Pre-Application Webinar
During this pre-application webinar, OVC staff will review solicitation requirements and conduct a question and answer session with interested potential applicants. Participation in the webinar is optional, but strongly encouraged.
Number of Awards: 6
Total Amount Awarded: $2,200,968
- OVC FY 2021 Emergency and Transitional Pet Shelter and Housing Assistance Grant Program
- OVC FY 2019 Law Enforcement-Based Direct Victim Services and Technical Assistance Program Invitation to Apply
- OVC FY 16 Vision 21: Enhancing Access and Attitudinal Changes in Domestic Violence Shelters for Individuals with Disabilities