Strengthening Law Enforcement Response to Domestic and Sexual Violence
With support from OVC, and in collaboration with the National Crime Victim Law Institute, the International Association of Chiefs of Police recently announced funding for six law enforcement agencies to identify, address, and prevent gender bias.
Part of a national demonstration site initiative, these agencies will receive support to strengthen their response to victims and improve their investigations of sexual assault, domestic/intimate partner violence, and stalking. Agencies receiving funds are the—
- City of Shawnee, Oklahoma, Police Department,
- Clark County, Ohio, Sheriff's Office,
- Denton, Texas, Police Department,
- Iowa City, Iowa, Police Department,
- Nampa, Idaho, Police Department, and
- Vancouver, Washington, Police Department.
Learn more on the International Association of Chiefs of Police website.
(Posted February 6, 2018)