On Friday, October 29, 2021, OVC and the Office on Violence Against Women hosted a webinar on Understanding the Effects of the Pandemic for Domestic Violence Victims. The webinar recording, transcript, and presentation from this event are now available online.
Hear from Federal Government representatives, researchers, and service providers about how COVID-19 has impacted the occurrence of domestic violence across the country as they cover—
- an analysis of domestic violence calls,
- the inequities experienced by underserved populations, and
- the challenges service providers experienced and their innovative responses to help those in need.
- Dr. Alex Piquero, Chair, Department of Sociology and Criminology, University of Miami
- Dr. Bethany Backes, Assistant Professor, Violence Against Women Faculty Cluster, University of Central Florida
- Tosha Connors, Chief Executive Officer, My Sister’s House
- Ashleigh Washington, Senior Director of Learning & Development, Safe Horizon