The U.S. Department of Justice is seeking applicants for the FY 2023 Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation.
This solicitation provides comprehensive funding to federally recognized Tribes, Tribal consortia, and Tribal designees to develop a comprehensive and coordinated approach to public safety and victimization. Refer to the solicitation for more information about eligibility. Applicants have the flexibility to submit a single application and select from any or all the purpose areas, including Purpose Area 6, which is administered by OVC.
Purpose Area 6: Children's Justice Act Partnerships for Indian Communities
Projects funded under this purpose area will improve—
- the handling of child abuse cases, particularly cases of child sexual abuse, in a manner which limits additional trauma to the child victim; and
- the investigation and prosecution of cases of child abuse, particularly child sexual abuse.
Under this Purpose Area, OVC anticipates making six awards of up to $500,000 each for a 36-month period of performance, to begin on October 1, 2023.
- Grants.gov Deadline: 8:59 p.m. eastern time on Friday, March 24, 2023
- Application JustGrants Deadline: 8:59 p.m. eastern time on Tuesday, March 28, 2023
The Coordinated Tribal Assistance Solicitation website provides—
- narrative templates, including a Purpose Area 6 narrative template;
- fact sheets for each purpose area, including a Purpose Area 6 fact sheet;
- answers to frequently asked questions; and
- other materials to assist applicants.
Applications will be submitted to the Department of Justice in a two-step process.
In step 1, applicants must submit a SF-424 and a SF-LLL by the Grants.gov deadline when they register at Grants.gov. In Section 8F of the SF-424, include the name and contact information of the individual who will complete application materials in JustGrants.
In step 2, the individual who was identified in Section 8F will be notified to submit the full application including attachments in JustGrants. To be considered timely, the full application must be submitted in JustGrants by the JustGrants application deadline. Review the “How to Apply” section in the OJP Grant Application Resource Guide and the JustGrants website for more information, resources, and training.