Apply for the NIJ FY 2022 Research and Evaluation of Services for Victims of Crime funding opportunity.
The National Institute of Justice (NIJ), in collaboration with OVC, seeks applications for rigorous research and evaluation projects in three categories—
- Evaluation of Programs that Provide Services for Victims of Crime,
- Research on Supporting Victims of Community Violence, and
- Financial Costs of Crime Victimization.
As it concerns the second category, NIJ is especially interested in studies that examine strategies and practices to best address the needs of victims of crimes involving firearms, such as street violence (e.g., robbery, home invasions, and carjacking), gang-related violence (e.g., retaliatory and drive-by shootings), and mass public shootings.
Applications will be submitted in a two-step process, each with its own deadline.
- Step 1 Deadline in Grants.gov: 11:59 p.m., eastern time on May 6, 2022.
- Step 2 Deadline in JustGrants: 8:59 p.m., eastern time on May 20, 2022.