Join the U.S. Department of Justice’s Elder Justice Initiative for a free webinar about addressing trauma in older victims of crime.
Many older adults have been exposed to trauma in their lifetime and the accumulation of past trauma experiences can exacerbate symptoms related to a current trauma.
During this webinar, clinical psychologist Sheri Gibson, Ph.D. will discuss—
- the importance of referring older survivors of crime to counseling services,
- factors that increase risk for future victimization,
- how counseling services can help a survivor and aid the professionals working with them,
- counseling resources available to older adults, and
- issues around cultural sensitivity and ethical dilemmas.
Date: Thursday, January 27, 2022
Time: 2:00–3:00 p.m., eastern time
The Elder Justice Initiative supports and coordinates the U.S. Department of Justice’s efforts to combat elder abuse, neglect, and financial fraud that target our Nation’s older adults.