Register to Attend Free Language Access Training
Register to attend one of three Achieving Language Access for Crime Victims regional trainings, hosted by the OVC-sponsored Translating Justice Initiative. This training series seeks to enhance the capacity of victim services personnel to serve people with limited English proficiency and people who are deaf and hard-of-hearing.
The training will cover the following topics:
- an overview of why language access matters;
- the legal and ethical responsibilities of providing language access;
- how to plan for language access;
- how to conduct a needs assessment and where to find resources in your community;
- working with interpreters;
- how to manage the use of other language access devices, including the use of technology; and
- how to monitor your language access plan for quality assurance.
Click on the links below for additional details about each training and to register.
(Posted May 24, 2018)