The overall goal of this academy is to help you understand the workforce development system and how you might utilize your local system in creating training, education, and employment opportunities for survivors of human trafficking.
As a result of this academy, participants will be better able to—
- describe the workforce development system and how to utilize it for community partnerships;
- discuss different types of partnerships and how to create those partnerships;
- explain considerations for supported employment and other strategies for survivor success;
- identify workforce development, training, and educational opportunities within your community; and
- assess and evaluate potential partnerships with local workforce programs, businesses, and educational providers.
Who Should Apply?
Human trafficking victim service providers. OVC-funded victim service providers will be prioritized.
The course will include live sessions that begin on Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 2:00 p.m. eastern time and continue on June 8, 2022, and June 15, 2022. The live sessions will take place via Zoom and the asynchronous pieces will take place on Canvas. This work includes watching webinars and doing readings, and assignments to help participants begin the steps to find a workforce or education partner.