OVC seeks applications to re-establish National Resource Centers for 1) Reaching Underserved Victims and 2) Victim Research and Evaluation.
The Centers will provide training and technical assistance (TTA) that ensures that—
- the victim services field benefits from victim-centered practices;
- translates knowledge to enhance the use of data and research to understand victim needs;
- identifies and implements proven and effective practices; and
- enhances victim service accessibility and delivery.
Category 1: Reaching Underserved Victims
OVC seeks to fund an organization, or a partnership of organizations, to re-establish the National Resource Center for Reaching Victims (NRC). The goals of the new NRC are to—
- help the field reach more victims by ensuring services are accessible,
- improve the field’s ability to identify who is underserved or unserved, and
- develop victim-centered practices that improve outcomes for victims.
Under Category 1, OVC expects to make one award of up to $1.5 million for a 24-month period of performance to begin on October 1, 2023.
Category 2: Victim Research and Evaluation
OVC seeks to fund an organization, or a partnership of organizations, to operate the Center for Victim Research (CVR). The goal of the new CVR is to increase the evidence base of the victim service field by promoting the use of data and findings from relevant research and evaluation to improve victim services.
Under Category 2, OVC expects to make one award of up to $1.5 million for a 24-month period of performance to begin on October 1, 2023.
During a pre-application webinar on May 3, 2023, OVC staff reviewed solicitation requirements and conducted a question-and-answer session with interested potential applicants.
Number of Awards: 2
Total Amount Awarded: $3,000,000