OVC's mission is to improve the Nation's ability to help victims of crime and to be a leader in transforming attitudes, policies, and practices that encourage justice and healing for victims.
To help fulfill this mission, OVC is hiring a Principal Deputy Director to work with the OVC Director, Chief of Staff, Deputy Directors, and Associate Directors in the development and management of OVC grant programs, contracts, budget, communications, and technical assistance activities.
Among other duties, the successful applicant will—
- support state, local, and Tribal efforts to prevent or reduce crime and violence and respond to victims of crime;
- offer leadership and technical support to OVC staff in grant management and oversight;
- provide national leadership and outreach on crime victims' issues;
- counsel senior management staff and officials at multiple levels of the U.S. Department of Justice/Office of Justice Programs, senior staff of other government agencies, and private sector clients and vendors on agency matters; and
- collaboratively direct the operations of OVC in conjunction with the OVC Chief of Staff and Deputy Directors.
Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. eastern time on Monday, January 24, 2022.