OVC is seeking applicants for OVC FY 2020 Addressing Female Genital Mutilation and Cutting (FGM) solicitation.
The goal of this program is to deliver programming to address and help stop the practice of FGM by—
- educating law enforcement, public health professionals, and educators on detecting at-risk girls in localities where FGM is a risk,
- responding to victims by providing appropriate services, and
- forming community networks of agencies and organizations that are positioned to identify persons at-risk.
Applicants may apply under only one of the following purpose areas—
- Purpose Area 1: a training and technical assistance provider will educate law enforcement, public health professionals, educators, and other professionals on detecting at-risk girls and provide support to the project sites.
- Purpose Area 2: project sites will develop services to deliver to victims of FGM and work to increase education, detection, and local partner engagement to address and help stop victimization through FGM at the community level.
OVC anticipates making one award under Purpose Area 1 of up to $1.2 million and up to eight awards under Purpose Area 2 of up to $300,000 each. OVC expects to make awards for a 36-month period of performance, to begin on October 1, 2020.
View changes to page 4 that OVC made after the initial release of the solicitation at https://ovc.ojp.gov/sites/g/files/xyckuh226/files/media/document/fy-2020-addressing-female-genital-mutilation-and-cutting-change.pdf.
Learn more and apply for the OVC FY 2020 Addressing Female Genital Mutilation and Cutting solicitation.
Apply by 11:59 p.m. eastern time on April 30, 2020.
(Updated April 13, 2020)