The Office for Victims of Crime annually recognizes individuals and organizations that demonstrate outstanding service in supporting victims.
The 2020 National Crime Victims’ Service Awards recipients were selected from nominations in a variety of categories for their vision, action, and leadership in seeking justice, ensuring victims’ rights, and inspiring hope.
In a video message, OVC Director Jessica E. Hart states that “among the honored awardees are those who champion and defend victims’ rights, support family members of murder victims, combat human trafficking and child exploitation, conduct research to enhance services to crime victims, offer comfort and counseling in crisis, serve on the front lines, help child victims, and many who inspire hope and healing.”
Learn more about the extraordinary contributions of this year’s award recipients in the OVC Gallery, where you can view photos, biographies, and short tribute videos.
2020 National Crime Victims’ Service Awards Recipients
- Alaska Police and Fire Chaplains, Allied Professional Award, Anchorage, Alaska
- Alexandra Ruth Gelber, Child Exploitation and Obscenity Section, U.S. Department of Justice, Crime Victims Financial Restoration Award, Washington, DC
- Angela Latoya Williams, Mothers Against Murderers Association, Volunteer for Victims Award, West Palm Beach, Florida
- Darlene E. Averick, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Victim Witness Assistance Program, Federal Service Award, Washington, DC
- FAIR Girls, National Crime Victim Service Award, Washington, DC
- Fort Wayne Police Department Victim Assistance Program, Crime Victims’ Rights Award, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Lavinia B. Masters, Hope S.A.V.E.S. Ministry, Special Courage Award, Lewisville, Texas
- National Children’s Alliance, Award for Professional Innovation in Victim Services, Washington, DC
- Paul Cassell, S.J. Quinney College of Law at the University of Utah, Ronald Wilson Reagan Public Policy Award, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Polyvictimization Demonstration Initiative Team, Crime Victims Research Award, San Diego, California
- Ryan Patrick Woolley, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, National Crime Victim Service Award, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Steve Twist, Arizona Voice for Crime Victims, Victim Rights Legend Award, Scottsdale, Arizona
- Therapy K9 Unit, Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, Allied Professional Award, Columbus, Ohio