Now Available: Watch the webinar recording
Implementing Community Based Violence Intervention (CVI) Strategies is a 5-part webinar series which will deliver information on a wide range of issues important to successfully implementing CVI strategies. The webinar series will be hosted on the second Wednesday of each month from September 2022 to January 2023.
Using the Bureau of Justice Assistance's CVI Checklist as a framework, the series will walk through the stages of planning and implementation of CVI strategies and take a deeper dive into several important issues.
This webinar will cover important factors to consider when selecting the most appropriate CVI strategy for your community. Panelists will explore the importance of collaboration in public safety within the context of juvenile gang prevention as well as in partnerships between law enforcement and CVI programs.
Speakers will include:
- Robert David, Sr., Gang Violence and Prevention Coordinator, Project Imagine, City of Danville, Virginia
- Celeste Wojtalewicz, PhD, Senior Research Associate, Youth and Community Justice Initiatives, Institute for Intergovernmental Research
- Paul Callanan, Assistant Director, Office for Safe and Healthy Neighborhoods, Louisville, Kentucky
- Amber Govan, Founder and Executive Director, Carter’s Crew, Jacksonville, Arkansas
- Dwight Stephenson, Program Coordinator, West Harlem Community Restoration and Reentry Project, Osborne Association, New York City, New York