Implementing Community Based Violence Intervention (CVI) Strategies is a 5-part webinar series which will deliver information on a wide range of issues important to successfully implementing CVI strategies. The webinar series will be hosted on the second Wednesday of each month from September 2022 to January 2023.
Using the Bureau of Justice Assistance's CVI Checklist as a framework, the series will walk through the stages of planning and implementation of CVI strategies and take a deeper dive into several important issues.
The webinars that make up this series will take place from 1 to 3 p.m. ET and are as follows:
- September 14, 2022 - Bringing a Folding Chair: Planning for Community Violence Intervention and Prevention
- October 12, 2022 - Elevating the work of CVI: The importance of collaboration in public safety
- November 9, 2022 - Trauma-responsive CVI practice: What does it mean and what does it look like?
- December 14, 2022 - Promoting CVI Success: Meaningful Measures and Effective Communication
- January 11, 2023 - Sustaining the CVI Ecosystem: Sources of funding for CVI strategies