This program intends to improve outcomes for children and youth who are victims of human trafficking by—
- integrating human trafficking policy and programming at the state or Tribal level; and
- enhancing coordinated, multidisciplinary, and statewide approaches to serving trafficked youth.
Category 1: Statewide or Tribal Jurisdiction-wide Response
OVC seeks applications under Category 1 for state or Tribal jurisdictions to identify the state or Tribe’s greatest barriers to identifying and assisting child and youth victims of sex and labor trafficking and/or to investigating and prosecuting these cases, and to develop a statewide or Tribal jurisdiction-wide strategy to address these challenges.
Under Category 1, OVC expects to make up to three awards of up to $1.5 million each for a 36-month period of performance to begin on October 1, 2022.
Category 2: Training and Technical Assistance (TTA)
OVC seeks applications under Category 2 to provide TTA to states and Tribes (both those that are funded under the OVC Improving Outcomes program and those that are not) in strengthening their cross-systems coordinated responses for child and youth victims of trafficking.
Under Category 2, OVC expects to make one award of up to $1 million for a 36-month period of performance to begin on October 1, 2022.
During a pre-application webinar on Thursday, May 26, 2022, OVC staff reviewed solicitation requirements and conducted a question and answer session with interested potential applicants.
Number of Awards: 4
Total Amount Awarded: $5,474,716
Maryland’s Strategic Plan for Improving Outcomes for Children and Youth Victims of Human Trafficking
OVC FY 2022 Improving Outcomes for Child and Youth Victims of Human Trafficking: Training and Technical Assistance Program
Statewide Coordination of Oregon's County-based Human Trafficking Task Force Response to Commercial Sex Trafficking and Labor Trafficking
- OVC FY 2023 Enhanced Collaborative Model (ECM) Task Force to Combat Human Trafficking
- OVC FY 2023 Improving Outcomes for Child and Youth Victims of Human Trafficking
- OVC FY 2022 Project Beacon: Increasing Access to Services for Urban American Indian and Alaska Native Victims of Human Trafficking Program