Tribal applicants whose OVC FY 2023 Tribal Victim Services Set-Aside (TVSSA) Formula Program population certification was accepted have been notified via an email to the applicant primary points of contact and authorized representatives.
Applicants should refer to the OVC FY 2023 TVSSA Formula Program solicitation for instructions on how to submit their application.
Information about your formula allocation was emailed to the applicant primary points of contact and authorized representatives. View the FY 2023 allocations and Tribe/tier information for all applicants. Refer to this information when preparing your application.
For more information on the allocation process, see page 7 of the solicitation.
If you have questions about your allocation, email us at [email protected].
Funding under the OVC FY 2023 TVSSA Formula Program can be used to support activities such as—
- direct services to victims of crime;
- needs assessment and strategic planning;
- victim service program development and implementation;
- victim service program expansion;
- community outreach and education;
- purchasing or procuring tangible items related to victim services; and other activities needed to address the individualized needs of victims of any type of crime in Tribal communities;
- support for Missing or Murdered Indigenous Persons (see below for additional information); and
- other activities needed to address the needs of a wide variety of crime victims in Tribal communities.
Support for Missing or Murdered Indigenous Persons
Funding under the OVC FY 2023 TVSSA Formula Program can be used to help Missing or Murdered Indigenous Persons (MMIP) by—
- providing services to the family members of MMIP victims;
- generating awareness of MMIP among community members in general as well as individual MMIP cases, and
- collaborating with Tribal, federal, and state and local officials to respond to MMIP cases.
View the MMIP Fact Sheet for more information about allowable expenses for TVSSA MMIP projects.
Construction and Renovation Efforts
All applicants proposing to use TVSSA funds for renovation or construction activities must complete and upload the separate TVSSA Construction and Renovation Efforts Questionnaire in addition to the written program narrative or checklist.
Allowable and Unallowable Costs Chart
Review the Allowable and Unallowable Costs Chart for more information about allowable and unallowable expenses for TVSSA projects.
- Grants.gov Deadline: Submit a SF-424 and a SF-LLL by 8:59 p.m. eastern time on Thursday, June 1, 2023
- Application JustGrants Deadline: Submit the full application by 8:59 p.m. eastern time on Tuesday, June 13, 2023
Your application should include a description of goals and activities for the project. The Program Description may be submitted in any one of three formats:
- a traditional project narrative;
- a checklist; or
- created via an interview with OVC staff, who will document the information required about the planned program.
If you choose to complete your Program Description via interview, please contact [email protected] by Tuesday, April 11, 2023.
OVC conducted a series of pre-application webinars during which OVC staff reviewed the solicitation requirements, provided step-by-step expectations on developing the application and considerations for developing the budget, captured guidance on how to apply, and answered questions. The webinar series included the following topics:
- Application Preparation & Submission
- Developing a Budget
- Considerations for a Construction Project
Application Preparation & Submission Webinar
This session, held on April 11, 2023, is intended to help applicants understand the application process.
Developing a Budget Webinar
This session, held on April 18, 2023, is intended to help applicants develop their budget.
Considerations for a Construction Project Webinar
This session, held on May 12, 2023, is intended to help applicants with construction project planning.
JustGrants Application Mechanics Sessions Each Wednesday
The JustGrants team facilitates weekly sessions for users to receive topic-specific training, direct technical assistance, and support on JustGrants system functionality. Register for the Application Mechanics: Submitting an Application Training Webinars, held every Wednesday from 2:30-4:00 p.m. eastern time, if you need help with the application submission process.
Check out the Tribal Financial Management Center
The Tribal Financial Management Center (TFMC) provides culturally humble, trauma-informed, victim-centered financial management training and technical assistance to American Indian and Alaska Native grantees as they manage their TVSSA awards. Assistance spans the life cycle of an award – from application preparation to award acceptance, and throughout the financial implementation, management, and reporting about the award outcomes.
TFMC Financial and Technical Assistance (TA) Specialists are available to support budget development and provide TA to FY 2023 TVSSA applicants.
Submit a request for TA to the TFMC Virtual Support Center at [email protected].
Contact your TFMC Financial Specialist for additional information or to request individualized TA. Visit the TFMC website for additional resources to support your application development, including Financial Policies and Procedures Guide Sheets.
Number of Awards: 212
Total Amount Awarded: $69,632,900
- OVC FY 2023 National Resource Centers for Victim Research, Evaluation, and Reaching Underserved Victims
- OVC FY 2022 Invited to Apply - National Crime Victims' Rights Week Community Awareness Projects (2023)
- OVC FY 2022 Invited to Apply - Advancing Hospital-Based Victim Services Technical Assistance Project