The purpose of this program is to develop, expand, and/or strengthen funded organizations so they can provide housing and associated support services to victims of human trafficking.
Applicants are invited to apply under three program purpose areas.
Purpose Area 1: Developing Capacity to Provide Housing Assistance to Human Trafficking Victims
The purpose of these awards is to support—
- organizations that have experience providing housing services but that have limited or no prior experience in serving victims of human trafficking,
- anti-trafficking organizations that have limited or no prior experience in providing housing services to victims of human trafficking, or
- organizations that have no prior experience in receiving direct federal funding to serve victims of human trafficking.
Under Purpose Area 1, OVC expects to make up to five awards of up to $600,000 each for a 36-month period of performance to begin on October 1, 2023.
Purpose Area 2: Enhancing Access to Housing Assistance for Human Trafficking Victims
Awards will be made to organizations with a demonstrated history of providing human trafficking victims with housing assistance and support services (or that have a formal partnership with a victim service provider with demonstrated experience).
Under Purpose Area 2, OVC expects to make up to 10 awards of up to $1.2 million each for a 36-month period of performance to begin on October 1, 2023.
Purpose Area 3: Housing Training and Technical Assistance
The purpose of this project is to—
- support OVC’s human trafficking housing grantees and their partners in meeting their award goals and objectives; and
- provide practitioner-driven, evidence-based TTA to victim service providers and housing entities to develop, expand, or enhance housing assistance for all victims of human trafficking.
Under Purpose Area 3, OVC expects to make one award of up to $2 million for a 36-month period of performance to begin on October 1, 2023.
OVC FY 2023 Anti-Trafficking Funding Opportunities Webinar 1
During a pre-application webinar on February 9, 2023, OVC’s Human Trafficking Division provided high-level information about nine planned anti-trafficking funding opportunities and eligibility. Learn about resources and tools to help successfully prepare in advance of the release of this year’s anti-trafficking grant solicitations.
OVC FY 2023 Anti-Trafficking Funding Opportunities Webinar 2
During a pre-application webinar on March 29, 2023, OVC’s Human Trafficking Division reviewed all planned FY 2023 anti-trafficking solicitations, provided high-level information about solicitation requirements, and conducted a question-and-answer session with interested potential applicants.
OVC FY 2023 Anti-Trafficking Funding Opportunities Webinar 3
OVC’s Human Trafficking Division hosted this webinar on April 20, 2023, to provide information about open OVC FY 2023 anti-trafficking funding opportunities, provided information about solicitation requirements, and conducted a question-and-answer session with interested potential applicants.
- OVC FY 2023 Transforming America’s Response to Elder Abuse: Enhanced Multidisciplinary Teams (E-MDTs) for Older Victims of Abuse and Financial Exploitation and T&TA
- OVC FY 2022 Building State Technology Capacity and Jabara-Heyer No HATE Act State-Run Hate Crime Reporting Hotlines
- OVC FY 2022 VOCA Victim Compensation Formula Grant