With support from the Office for Victims of Crime, the International Association of Chiefs of Police released the second edition of a strategy to help—
- build broader communitywide trust and confidence in the police,
- foster the healing process for victims,
- increase victim participation in the criminal justice process, and
- produce stronger cases to hold offenders accountable.
The Enhancing Law Enforcement Response to Victims Strategy, Second Edition introduces law enforcement leaders to the benefits and methods for adopting victim-centered, trauma-informed philosophies to improve the response to crime victims. Discover resources to help your agency understand and implement this strategy, including—
- videos that introduce the strategy and the four core principles,
- customizable templates that can be used to enhance communication with victims,
- tools that can aid in victim response efforts, and
- resources developed by organizations that support law enforcement’s role in serving victims.
Learn more by viewing the Enhancing Law Enforcement Response to Victims Strategy, Second Edition.