OVC and JBS International, Inc. (JBS), announce the Protecting Futures: Building Capacity to Serve Children and Youth Impacted by America’s Drug Crisis Project funding opportunity to support child and youth crime victims and to enhance community-driven responses to America’s drug crisis.
OVC and JBS work closely to develop and implement victim-centered strategies and resources that equip direct service providers to respond to the individualized needs of child and youth crime victims of the drug crisis. Since OVC’s program began in 2018, OVC has awarded nearly $9.5 million to JBS for technical and training assistance on programs serving children and youth impacted by the drug crisis.
OVC and technical assistance provider JBS invite direct service providers and organizations specializing in substance use treatment and services and providing direct services to children and youth affected by the Nation’s drug crisis to apply.
The project purpose is to identify and advance innovative, replicable, and sustainable service models that address the complex needs of child and youth crime victims of America’s drug crisis, and their families/caregivers. The project will support direct crime victim services, including multidisciplinary responses resulting in direct services, to address the needs of children, youth, and their families/caregivers that:
- reside in communities that demonstrate elevated levels of substance-related crime,
- are located in geographic areas experiencing gaps in victims services, and
- are a part of target populations known to be historically underserved and adversely affected by inequality.
Deadline to Apply and Important Information
- Deadline to Apply: 11:59 p.m., eastern time on Friday, April 28, 2023
- Anticipated Total Funding Available: $1,125,000
- Anticipated Number of Awards: 10 subawards total, consisting of 5 subawards up to $100,000 each, and 5 subawards up to $125,000 each.
- Project Period: 12-24 months: starting in Spring 2023 and ending no later than Summer 2025.
Learn more and apply for FY 2023 Protecting Futures: Building Capacity to Serve Children and Youth Impacted by America’s Drug Crisis Project funding.
JBS will conduct an informational webinar on Thursday, March 30, 2023, from 1:00–2:00 p.m., eastern time. Participation in the webinar is optional. JBS staff will review the application requirements and answer questions with interested potential applicants.
Register for the webinar.