This workshop is designed to provide funding applicants from tribal communities with tools and guidance that may assist the tribe’s efforts to access grant funding and other resources to improve their justice systems.
This workshop informs on the proposal/application process and offers tips to avoid common mistakes. Topics covered during the workshop include:
- Reviewing a solicitation
- Formatting a grant narrative
- Preparing an application checklist and building a writing team
- Addressing application components
- Creating a budget
- Writing goals, objectives, and deliverables/tasks
- Identifying community strengths and resource mapping
Upon completion of this workshop, attendees will be able to create a project design of goals, objectives, and tasks to achieve the desired outcome of their proposal.